The Origamiez is my first theme. It was created half a year ago, but after 5 months to be present on wordpress.org
There have been 14 versions of origamiez be released, many bugs have been eliminated.
Currently there are nearly 6,000 downloads from the date appearing on wordpress.org.
The number is not large, but I really feel excited.
Initially, the Origamiez only is a blog theme. But with version 1.1.4 will have more new features, turning it into a magazine page.
- fix: theme compatiable with plugin Ultimate Member
- add: new custom page "Page Magazine"
- add: new 7 custom sidebars: Main Top, Main Bottom, Main Center Top, Main Center Bottom, Main Center Left, Main Center Bottom, Left
- add: new custom widgets: Posts Two Cols
- edit: decrease opacity of flick photo (:hover)
How to use new features?
To create page with custom template “Magazine Page”, you need following guide:
1/ Create a new page or edit a current page.
2/ Scroll down, find box “Page Attributes” >> Select “Page Magazine” from select box “Template”
3/ Click “Save”
4/ Go to Appearance > Widgets >> Drag & Drop widgets to new sidebars: Main Top, Main Bottom, Main Center Top, Main Center Bottom, Main Center Left, Main Center Bottom, Left.
5/ (optional) If you want to set this page is home page. Please go to: Settings >> Reading
5.1/ Find option “Front page displays”
5.2/ Click radio button “A static page (select below)”
5.3/ With option “Front page”, you need select this page (which want to display as home page)